Are you unsure of what to eat for breakfast to lose weight? Most peoples idea of breakfast is eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, and lots of other saturated foods with things that aren’t so good for you. Luckily there are many alternatives out there that are healthy, energy producing and great tasting. Here are five examples of things you could eat for breakfast to stay slim and have energy to spare.
1. Oatmeal – This one should be the easiest and a lot of people already know that oatmeal is good for you. It contains lots of fiber, good carbs, and is filling so it won’t leave you feeling empty. Fiber is essential to digestion and if you don’t get enough you will definitely notice a change if you add this to your diet.
2. Bananas – Bananas are also a good source of fiber, but contain lots of other great things like B vitamins, Potassium and good natural fruit sugars that your body can use for fast energy on the go. Bananas taste great by themselves but are also good mixed in with your oatmeal.
3. Kiwis – Kiwis are packed with B vitamins and also contain larger amounts of potassium than bananas. They also contain plenty of natural fruit sugars and a Vitamin A, C and E. On top of that the oil in the kiwi seed has almost 65% alpha linoleic acid which is an omega 3.
4. Hemp Seed – I know what you are thinking but trust me, Hemp is the super food. It contains almost perfectly balanced amounts of protein carbs and fats. It’s loaded with always important omega 3’s and contains the single best most usable source of plant protein in the world. Hemp seed can be added to oatmeal, smoothies, or eaten by itself.
5. Walnuts – Walnuts come in at a close second to hemp with the second best plant protein and also have a good amount of omega 3’s remember that is essential good fat. Walnuts can add a rich nutty flavor to oatmeal or are great by themselves.
So there you are five great options for what to eat for breakfast to lose weight. This is only the beginning and if you start down the road of healthy eating today you’ll wonder why you ever did it any other way.